Venstrat provides business valuation services to closely held companies for a variety of purposes, including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- ASC 805 (SFAS 141R): Purchase Price Allocation
- ASC 350 (SFAS 142): Goodwill/Intangible Asset Impairment Analysis
- Section 409A: Deferred Compensation
- ASC 718 (SFAS 123R): Share-Based Compensation
- ASC 820 (SFAS 157): Fair Value Analysis
- Shareholder/Partnership Disputes
- Employee Stock Option Plans (ESOPs)
- Estate & Gift Tax Planning
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Strategic Planning & Capital Budgeting
We also offer comprehensive valuation assessments of publicly traded companies in support of securities litigation proceedings.
Deep Market Perspective
Most successful closely held businesses are judged, at one time or another, by the market – the public market. And that market judgment is typically least likely to come in the form of an IPO. The publicly traded acquirer must demonstrate to shareholders on a daily basis that major initiatives, including acquisitions, enhance, rather than diminish, value. The larger privately held acquirer must be ever mindful of a less immediate, though still probable, judgment by the market. Any prudent potential stakeholder – private investor, joint venture partner, officer, director – places considerations of public market dynamics front and center in the decision making process.
Venstrat brings to each valuation engagement a deep understanding of public market dynamics. Our team's extensive Wall Street experience enables us to evaluate public and private companies, and major business initiatives, according to criteria dictated by the market – the criteria that are ultimately most relevant to any stakeholder.